- Garden State Equality is New Jersey’s largest LGBTQI+ advocacy and education organization. There are resources on the page to help you deal with bullying, to report discrimination, or to learn what programs and supports are available for transgender students. You can also learn more about school safety and legislative advocacy initiatives.
- PFLAG is a national non-profit organization that provides support for the health and well-being of LGBTQI+ individuals (including their families and friends). PFLAG offers support, online learning programs, LGBTQI+ information, cultural events, support programs, a chapter network (over 400 chapters spanning the United States), scholarships and grants, and advocacy opportunities to LGBTQI+ individuals. A few programs move in and out of hiatus.
- The Pride Center of New Jersey is a nonprofit organization dedicated to offering LGBT+ individuals support, educational tools, mental health resources, free HIV testing, education resources, and cultural/social opportunities. There are support groups and activities every month.
- The Trevor Project focuses on providing suicide prevention and crisis intervention services to members of the LGBTQI+ community under the age of 25. The organization provides an LGBTQI+ only space and licensed specialists to help at risk LGBTQI+ people.
- Orgulloso (PROUD) Grupo Latinx Orgulloso Grupo Latinx is a Spanish-speaking support group serving the Latinx & Spanish-speaking transgender and non-binary community.
LGBTQ crisis and support resources
Last Updated by Ms. Field 02/17/2023.